Sometimes there may be a need to disable comments option on the pages or post. Learn here the ways of disabling comments in Blogger.
The Commenting system is an extensive platform where the writer gets acquainted with what others think about him. It is also a place where people share their outlook and let others know about their memoirs. The Traffic to the blog can be measured by the received comments because a blog, without any posts is not viable. But sometimes there may be a need to enable or disable comments option on the pages or posts. The Blogger Comment System gives ample flexibility to the blogger to disable or enable blogging and this must be done on the two pages, Static Index Page and Blog Post Pages. But you must be wondering why on earth do you need to disable these options? Read on to know more!
Image courtesy : blogspot.com
Why Disable Comments?
- The best reason for disabling a Static page is because it does not need any comment. For example, you’re about page, contact us, policy page, or sitemap does not need comments and you must disable comments on this page.
- At times, the post might get old and you may not feel the necessity keep it alive anymore. This also lets you concentrate more on the newer posts.
- Yet another very common reason is when too many spams are being directed towards you. In that case also you will have to disable comments.
Hiding or Disabling Comments on All Blogger Pages :
Well, hiding or disabling comments on Blogger pages is done with few tools already available. If you don’t want comments to pour in, just go to the “Settings” options. Under this subhead, you will notice another option “Posts and Comments” under which you will get all the options that are necessary for blogging. Like for example- Who can Comment? Options to be checked in are Anyone, Registered User, User with Google Accounts and Only members. But we will be going directly to the Comments Location option and you will see four options pertaining to it.
- Embedded- This default option is part of all the pages and this is the one who set the comment box below your post.
- Full Page- The work of this option is to set “post a comment” link after the post. As soon as the user clicks on it, he will be directed to another link.
- Pop up Window- You must have seen various posts have pop-up windows for posting comments, this option sets it!
- Hide- This is your weapon that you will need to disable comments. As soon as you check into this option, no more people will be able to post a comment. However, the existing list of comments will be displayed.
(You may actually allow restricted people to comment by checking in the Who can comment option as well)
Enabling or Disabling Comments on Specified Pages :
The former method posts a restriction on all the pages of the site. To set or remove restrictions from specified pages, the following methods are to be followed-
- Login the Blogger Account and visit the dashboard.
- Select pages and check on Edit on the pages that you want specific changes.
- Now notice the Post Editor.
- The right sidebar will show you details of Page and Post Settings.
- Now choose the options that you want for a specific page that you have selected.
- After you have finished doing so, choose “Done.” And your changes will be saved.
Just make a note of the following features: the “don’t allow, show existing” stops the new, but shows the existing. The “don’t allow, hide existing” feature does neither allow to comment, not show the existing comments.
Related Articles :