If the worth of your business lives and dies with its online visibility, then perhaps Google page ranking will be of extreme importance to you. The page ranking is Google’s way of determining the importance of your webpage. If you have a higher ranking, it means that your website is of consequence. But it does not mean that it will always be listing on top of the search list. It is a myth that you can entirely nail the Google ranking process and really somehow make your website appear more dramatically in the search listings. However, what drives ranking is a closely guarded secret and a long of list algorithms that defines website’s importance. While you may never know what triggers the high ranking, you can always strive towards that objective by making certain tweaks and be more search engine friendly.
– Focus on High Quality content: When you write good quality articles and make the submissions to the article directory, you are allowed to insert one or two back links to your site. When these articles are published on websites of repute that already have a huge traffic, your back links will automatically boost traffic for your webpage too.
– Use the PR way of Promoting: Press releases are also an effective way to increase the page ranking. The press release sites are mainly news sites which are already high ranking. These are also called the authority sites and are well established. The links on these authority sites are considered valuable and trustworthy. The one difference that makes PR more effective than article is that in PR, one can directly promote the business which cannot be done in articles.
– Blogging: You make valuable contributions by way of helpful and quality content on people’s blog which is also known as Guest posting. In return for your content, the blogger can allow you to link it back to your website. Bloggers welcome guest postings in most cases as they are generally pressed for time to post fresh content each time and to keep the blog up and running, there is always a need for interesting content. This small trade off can help both the parties involved.
– Newsletters: Many people undermine the benefits of using newsletters to increase the page rankings of their websites. Many companies have a newsletter which is being published on a regular basis. You can make direct contributions to the content by lending an insightful article and gain the back link privilege through their newsletter. All the content in these newsletters are archived and is also indexed by search engines. So if you have skilfully inserted the link to your website, you can enjoy all the benefits of a back link.
– Keep the Website Up and Running: Many times, Google will down rank your website if there hasn’t been much of an action and no latest updates as such. Also, if your website has been down for some time, it automatically loses Google’s interest. So to keep up with the ranking, always update the content and keep the website in an active state.
Related Articles :