Every Tag in Website development has a unique importance. Let’s learn the importance of Meta Tags in web development.
The term Meta tag is considered one among the key terms in the world of Web Development and Search Engine Optimization. Usually the web content focused at gaining better search engine ranking makes use of these Meta tags. In crisp, Meta tag is nothing but the header given for an HTML tag or a text. The content that is available in the entire page gets a short description with optimized keywords to form a Meta tag. The process of adding Meta tag is primarily to increase the search results of the page.
Different Types of Meta Tags:
When the keywords are smartly used in the Meta tag, with better HTML coding, the page receives more traffic and this type of Meta tag is known as keyword Meta tag. However there are many other types of Meta tags used in the web development process. Few among the most common types of Meta tags used are:
- Content type meta tag – this makes use of the charset of every web page
- No-cache Meta tag – this type of Meta tag does not cache the webpage where it is used.
- Audience Meta tag – this tag is used to identify the age of the webpage visitors and users.
- Page-topic Meta tag – this gives a brief about the topic used in the webpage that makes it highly searched webpage.
There are also other types of Meta tags available like pronged Meta tag, Publisher Meta tag, Revisit-after Meta tag and more. However not all types of Meta tags are used nowadays by the web developers.
Benefits of Using Meta Tags:
The head code of any HTML page with information added becomes a Meta tag. This is increases the popularity of a website and also helps a lot in promoting the webpage and its contents. Meta tags are primarily used to give webmaster an idea about the existence of the page which benefits by flashing the page with priority during every search engine result that is relevant to the content available in the age.
Especially for ecommerce websites, to promote the products available in that particular web page the Meta tags are used. They are also used for simple web-based surveys like finding the gender of the site users, their age, finding users who revisit within a frequent time period or more. This helps in understanding the target of a particular business.
The key uses of Meta tags include:
- Offering better search engine ranking to the website
- Increasing the popularity of the website
- Driving traffic to the website
- Understanding client requirements
- Helping in customer retention
- Helping in clearing the webpage from content that is not useful and spamming
- Indexing webpage when there are more webpages available in a particular website and more.
Nowadays Meta tags are not widely used in web development but for SEO, SMO and for other ideal search engine optimization processes Meta tags remain ideal. Professional web development service providers offer better web content with HTML Meta tags to their clients.
Related Articles :